These steps describe how to erase and rebuild a HAPI index in Information Management Platform.
Follow these steps to erase and rebuild a HAPI index.
- First create a backup copy of the '\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\<INDEX_NAME>' folder, where "INDEX_NAME" is the short name of the index you want to erase.
- Open ZyINDEX, from Start > All Programs > ZyLAB IM Platform.
- From the File menu chose Delete. The Index Management dialog appears.
- Select the HAPI index you want to erase.
- Click the Erase button from the top ribbon.
- A confirmation dialog appears. Make sure you have selected the right index and click Yes. No action will be taken at this stage.
- If a module has been added to the index (i.e. XML Wrapper module) and it needs to be erased too, untick Module index(es).
- Click OK. The index is now being erased. Click on the Close button, once the erase operation is completed the dialog will close. This operation may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the size of the index.
- From the File menu chose Open. The Select Index dialog appears.
- Select the index you have just erased. Press OK.
- From the Build menu choose Now.
- Check the Add new documents option only and press OK. The index is now being built. This operation may take a few seconds or a several hours depending on the size of the index.
- Erasing and rebuilding indexes is an exceptional action and should not be carried out without consulting Customer Support first.
- Erasing the HAPI index will only erase the vocabulary and the index tables. All index settings (Fields Definitions, Table of Contents, Concepts, etc.) will remain available. All files within the '\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\<INDEX_NAME>' index directory will be erased, including the unexpected files. The data files, stored in the '\ZyLAB Data\Index Data\<INDEX_NAME>' directory, will NOT be affected.
- Please take into account that building the index from the scratch may take several minutes to several hours.
5.0 Service Pack 7; 6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2; 6.3; 6.4; 6.4 Service Pack 1
Article is closed for comments.