CONDITIONS Document has been OCR'd for multiple languages in ZySCAN, and all outputs have been stored. Bates stamps may also have been used in ZySCAN. HAPI XML/Tiff index is used. The relative XML document in the '\Index Data\[INDEX_NAME]\XML' location shows the expected number of pages/objects.
The HAPI index is corrupt.
Follow these steps to erase and rebuild a HAPI index.
- First create a backup copy of the '\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\[INDEX_NAME]' folder, where "INDEX_NAME" is the short name of the index you want to erase.
- Open ZyINDEX , from Start > All Programs > ZyLAB IM Platform.
- From the File menu chose Delete . The Index Management dialog appears.
- Select the HAPI index you want to erase.
- Click the Erase button from the top ribbon. A confirmation dialog appears. Make sure you have selected the right index and click Yes . No action will be taken at this stage. If a module has been added to the index (i.e. XML Wrapper module) and it needs to be erased too, uncheck Module index(es).
- Click [OK]. The index is now being erased.
- Click on the Close button, once the erase operation is completed the dialog will close. This operation may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the size of the index.
- From the File menu chose Open. The Select Index dialog appears.
- Select the index you have just erased.
- Press [OK].
- From the Build menu choose Now.
- Check the Add new documents option only and press OK. The index is now being built. This operation may take a few seconds or a several hours depending on the size of the index.
- Erasing and rebuilding indexes is an exceptional action and should not be carried out without consulting Customer Support first.
- Erasing the HAPI index will only erase the vocabulary and the index tables. All index settings (Fields Definitions, Table of Contents, Concepts, etc.) will remain available.
- All files within the '\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\[INDEX_NAME]' index directory will be erased, including the unexpected files.
- The data files, stored in the '\ZyLAB Data\Index Data\[INDEX_NAME]' directory, will NOT be affected.
- Please take into account that building the index from the scratch may take several minutes to several hours.
6.4; 6.4 Service Pack 1
Article is closed for comments.