A 'Field definitions synchronization' error occurs on building a TBIE index. Clicking the build icon in ZyINDEX when the index is opened causes an 'Field definitions synchronization' error on a certain index.
 ERROR - Cannot change existing field definition: Field_name
> at ZyLAB.Platform.Services.TBIE.Index.UpdateSettings(IndexSettings settings)
> at SyncInvokeUpdateSettings(Object , Object , Object )
> at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object inputs, Object& outputs)
[0x00001f38] ERROR Hapi - Error during performing operation "UpdateSettings", consult service log for more details
[0x00001f38] ERROR Hapi - Error Initialising maintain index
Likely someone has modified the fields.txt (or replaced it) after the index was already built.
Follow the steps below:
- Validate the "FulltextSearchable=" value in the index fields.txt file.
- If this is set to 0, full text search is not enabled.
- If this is set to 1, full text search is enabled.
- Validate the key "<Field name="fieldname" type="1" size="0" flags="142" />" in the index.cfg file. If set to 142, full text search is enabled.
- After the fields.txt is configured to reflect the same setting as is present in the index.cfg the index has to be erased and rebuild in order to succesfully synchronize the fields.
6.4; 6.4 Service Pack 1