How to extract fields from filename using the PDF image filter settings in ZySCAN.
- Open ZySCAN
- Open the PDF image filter settings.
- If you select the option "Extract fields from filename" and the filename consists of several values which are separated by underscores.
- The values are automatically placed in the first plain text fields found in the job (template).
Example: Filename "John_Doe.pdf"
- FirstName (plain text field)
- Date (date field)
- PdfFilename (plain text field)
- LastName (plain text field)
In case you want to add a field in which the original filename is saved, select: Add filename field. The file names will be saved in the PdfFilename field. Except if the plain text field is called: "PdfFilename". Electronic documents keep their own name, these files are not OCRed.
6.0 SP1; 6.0 SP2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 SP1; 6.1 SP2; 6.2; 6.2 SP1; 6.2 SP2; 6.3; 6.4
Article is closed for comments.