Content types enable you to organize, manage, and handle content in a consistent way across your sites. By defining content types for specific kinds of documents or information products, you can ensure that each group of content is managed in a consistent way. The Content Type is a SharePoint object used to present a collection of custom elements so they can be used as a template on different SharePoint pages. The policy containing the ZyLAB Expiration Actions and Formulas will be added to a Content Type so they can be later applied to your document library.
Open your SharePoint site.
- Click on the Home tab to go to Home.
- Click Site Actions > Site Settings to open the Site Settings page.
- On the Site Settings page, click Site content types to open the Site Content Type Gallery.
- Click Create to open the New Site Content Type page.
- Enter the information about the new site content type.
- Name and Description – Give the site content type a suitable name and description.
For example: Name: ZyLAB Move on Column Value.
Description: Moves files to ZyLAB Index when column values is at specific setting.
Parent Content Type From – Select Document Content Types.
Parent Content Type – Select Document. Group
Put the site content type into existing group ZyLAB Content Types:
- On the Site Content Type page click the Information management policy settings link.
- On the Policy Settings page, select the policy you have made.
- Click OK.
- On the Site Content Type page click the Add from New site column link.
- On the New Site Column page, configure the new column.
- Column Name – Enter a suitable column name.
For example: Move to ZyLAB. | Select Yes/No (checkbox). | Group
- Put this site column into the existing ZyLAB Site Columns group: Additional Column Settings
- Set the default value to No.
- Click OK.