- Users are searching through an index with Document Security enabled, but have unexpected privileges on documents.
- The same behavior occurs in ZyFIND and the Web Client
Subgroup Membership. The 'Everyone' built-in group is by default member of the 'ZyIMAGE_Administrators' group.
Create a backup copy of the "ZyLAB Data\Users" folder before proceeding. Make sure the 'Everyone' built-in group is not part of the 'ZyIMAGE_Administrators' group.
- Open ZyINDEX.
- Navigate to Security > General > Groups > Available Groups.
- Locate the 'ZyIMAGE_Administrators' group and click on the 'Add and remove subgroups' icon.
- Locate the 'Everyone' built-in group and make sure it is not part of the 'ZyIMAGE_Administrators' group (untick it).
- Press OK. There is no need to build the index again after this change.
Please note that, especially for big Active Directory environments, it may be necessary to delete the User/Group from (1) the "Available Users" or "Available Groups" in ZyINDEX; and (2) from the respective license key(s) in ZyLAB 'License Manager', so that the User/Group is imported from Active Directory again.
6.3; 6.4; 6.4 Service Pack 1; 6.5
Article is closed for comments.