You have upgraded your Information Management Platform installation to release 6.4 and notice that the Web Client left frame doesn't show the fields and the progress bar keeps running.
- After manually refreshing the page the fields may show up, but when searching the progress bar keeps running and no results are displayed.
- This occurs right after an Information Management Platform upgrade, or Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration changes.
- This issue may as well occur only for a subset of Web Clients, and/or as subset of users.
- Internet Explorer version 8 or higher is used, and you have cleared the Temporary Internet Files enabling all options in the 'Delete Browsing History' window in Internet Options.
- The Web Client URL is added to the user's Favorites in Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer keeps using Temporary Internet Files from the previous Information Management Platform version, or Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration.
This is because, as of version 8 of Internet Explorer, the 'Preserve Favorites website data' option is available from the 'Delete Browsing History' window in Internet Options. If enabled, unlike the other options in this window, it will keep data.
Following an Information Management Platform upgrade, or a Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration change, make sure to delete the browsing data from the previous Web Client sessions.
- From Internet Explorer access the Tools menu and click on Internet Options. Alternatively access Internet Options from Windows Control Panel.
- From the General tab, click on the Delete... button.
- Tick all options but Preserve Favorites website data in the Delete Browsing History window. Press Delete.
- Alternatively, if you want to preserve data for your other favorites, remove the ZyLAB Web Client(s) from your Internet Explorer favorites and tick all options in the Delete Browsing History window.
Article is closed for comments.