How to trigger an External Disposition Event using the DoD and SOX Compliant RMA Bundle. An External Event is an event which occurs outside the knowledge of the system, and which is notified to the system by an operator.
- You are on the Home|"Fileplan name"|"Folder name" page.
- The Folder has been allocated with a Disposition Schedule that has an External Event as the Event Type.Click "Trigger External Event".
- Review the External Disposition Event.
- Optionally, select another Trigger date.
- Click Trigger.
- You have triggered an External Disposition Event.
The retention period of the (first) phase will be started, after which the folder will be reviewed, exported, transferred or destructed. For records with retention periods based on a specified time period after an event or action occurs, apply the retention period after the placement in an inactive file on the date the event occurs or when the action is completed and the inactive file is cutoff at the end of each fiscal (or calendar) year.