You want to hide unwanted columns from the Web Client's results page to ease surfing through results.
- Start ZyIndex.
- Click on the "Define Fields" icon in the upper ribbon.
- Double click the custom field you want to modify.
- In the "Search" tab of the "Edit Field Definition" window, remove the tick from the "Show in result list" option. A warning message may appear, just press OK and close the "Define Fields" window.
- No other actions should be required, you can go back to your Web Server window on your browser and the results page for the next search performed won't show the column.
- Navigate to the "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WEB_CLIENT_NAME\styles\default" folder, where WEB_CLIENT_NAME is the HTTP alias of the Web Client you want to modify.
- Make a back up of the "user.css" file.
- Edit the "user.css" file in a text editor (i.e. Notepad).
- Find the string "/* columns */" (without double quotes) which initiates the columns section. In this section you will find the following keys that can be uncommented to hide the corresponding column in the results page.
Note: It may be necessary to clear the browser's cache for the change to take effect.
6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2; 6.3