Performing an export action in ZyFIND of archived emails that have a subject ?FW: ?? or ?RE: ?? , where you require the subject to be extracted as file name, the action will fail with an error message. Failed to export: \\ file path of the msg file
Windows system character (\ / : * ? ? < > |) were used during the file name creation.
“FW: …”and “RE: …” contain Windows system character (\ / : * ? “ < > |) where file or folder name creation will not be allowed by the operating system.
The available solution in this case is to export those msg files without selecting to place the subject information as a file name.
- How to perform the export without getting this error.
- Open ZyFIND and perform the search.
- Select those emails that have “FW: …”and “RE: …” in the subject line
- Select the email(s) and right click and select Export
- In the Export Settings window you could select the following options.
- Select your destination: Export to directory or Export to zip file
- Under the Export options you could choice to generate the name from a field (you should avoid selecting the subject in this case)
- Export format: should be Xml
- Under the Export Selection: select Files only and include attachments
6.2 Service Pack 2; 6.3