In the field editor in ZyFIND or ZySCAN multiple values can be selected for a particular field value. This can be a single select list field or a multi select list field. You would like to add or remove an entry from the list.
The list values are stored in a text file, usually in the the fields subdirectory of the indexes directory. Edit this text file with a text editor to change the list.
Edit the text file for the select list for a particular index.
To do this locate the index directory that contains the select list you want to modify. It will have a subdirectory called FIELDS:
This is the usual location of the text file. However it can be located elsewhere. To determine the location you will need to look at the field definitions.
To look at the field definitions:
- Open ZyINDEX
- Open the index that has the select list you are interested in
- Click on the "Define Fields" button on the toolbelt.
- Find and select the select list field you want to modify
- Click "Edit definition"
- You will see a line "Value file name"
- It will have a file name. Take note of the name and path
- If the file name includes a path then the file will be located at that path location
- If the file name does not include a path then it will be located in the \zylab data\Indexes\YourIndex\FIELDS directory
Once you have identified the location and name of the text file that holds the select list items, you can open it with any text editor and add or remove items. It is arranged as one item per line.
5.0 Service Pack 7; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2
Article is closed for comments.