Your ZyLAB Web Client does not show Document Previews on the result page or page thumbnails on the document view page.
Probably, the thumbnail service is not working properly. This can happen if the handler mappings for .svc did not get updated during install of asp.net for IIS.
There are two approaches to fixing this problem.
1. Use the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool
- According to this Microsoft article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h.aspx) "The ASP.NET IIS Registration tool can also be used to install and uninstall the linked version of ASP.NET. Use the -i option to install ASP.NET and to update the script maps of all existing ASP.NET applications."
- Run the following command: aspnet_regiis.exe -i
- This should create the handler mappings needed by the thumbnail service.
- Aspnet_regiis.exe is installed in the Microsoft.NET Framework directory. If the computer is running multiple .NET Framework versions side-by-side, multiple versions of the tool might be installed. The following lists the locations where the tool is installed for different versions of the .NET Framework:
.NET Framework version 4 (32-bit systems) %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
.NET Framework version 4 (64-bit systems) %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
2. Manually create the handler mappings
- First convert the WebserviceExtensions folder to an application(if it has not already been done). Run this with the same appool that FastCGI uses.
- Next, in the list of application mappings, verify that the .svc file is mapped to the aspnet_isapi.dll. If the file has not been mapped:
- Click Add Managed Handler.
- Type *.svc into the Request path
- Type System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 into the Type textbox.
- Type svc-Integrated into the Name: textbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Add Script Map.
- Type *.svc into the Request path:.
- Type %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll into the Executable: text box.
- Type svc-ISAPI-2.0 into the Name: text box.
- Using the Move Up/Move Down controls, ensure that the managed handler (svc-Integrated) appears before the aspnet_isapi (svc-ISAPI-2.0) handler in the list.
- Click OK.
6.2 Service Pack 2
Article is closed for comments.