You are unable to start any of the ZyLAB applications or start the ZyTIMER, ZySCAN or ZYALERT services and receive the message: "The License system could not be initialized.Maybe there is a problem with the installation"
The DCOMCNFG settings are incorrect or the Users folder is inaccessible or failed to initialize.
If the License Manager fails to start change the licenseserver identity:
- Go to Component Services / DCOM Config and locate LicenseServer.
- Right mouse click on the LicenseServer icon and press "property".
- Go to Identify tab Make sure that you use "This User" (set it up as admin account)
- Retype new account password or ensure the correct user account is added.
If the License manager starts, but the applications still fails:
- Verify if the following path in the registry is pointing to the correct users location:
- Open the key "location" and observe whether the correct path is listed
- If this is correct create a copy of the user folder that is found on the location specified in the registry and run initsecurity:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyLAB\Information Management Platform\Bin\InitSecurity.exe" -u
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyLAB\Information Management Platform\Bin\InitSecurity.exe" -r
- Try to open the application.
6.1 Service Pack 2
Article is closed for comments.