The ZyNETSessionserver failing over time. After setting the user/password from the license manager to run the zynetsessionserver it works for a while.
Log on as a batch job privilege is not set for the identity of the COM+ package. When you set a user as the COM+ identity, COM+ adds this privilege for you
- If a COM+ application runs under a domain account, when you type the password, the application works initially and then fails suddenly with the following error message:
Event ID: 10004 Source: DCOM
DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." and was unable to logon .\UserName in order to run the server:
- The only way to get the application to work is to retype the password.
- However, if the user is a domain account, and if that user does not have the Log on as a batch job privilege set in a Group Policy Object (GPO) when the Active Directory performs an update, the identity of the COM+ package is reset, and the permission is removed.
- If you retype the password, COM+ will add the Log on as a batch job privilege again for the local computer.
- Give the domain account the Log on as a batch job privilege in the Group Policy Object in the Domain Controller.
6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2