When attempting to OCR a document in ZySCAN, an error message appears with the following information.
Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) may be preventing the OCR engine from running.
Confirm that your Data Execution Prevention is set to 'Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only':
- Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
- Open Advanced system settings
- Open the tab 'Advanced'
- In Performance Settings, hit Settings
- Open the tab 'Data Execution Prevention'
- Check the box 'Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only'
6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2