While installing Release 6.1 Service Pack 2 on an existing installation, the following error message is shown:
MSI (s) (BC:CC) [07:57:04:032]: Note: 1: 1718 2: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\8fec5ee5.msi Error 1718.File C:\WINDOWS\Installer\8fec5ee5.msi was rejected by digital signature policy.
MSI (s) (BC:CC) [08:13:53:688]: Product: ZyLAB Information Management Platform -- Error 1718.File C:\WINDOWS\Installer\8fec5ee5.msi was rejected by digital signature policy.
The system may run out of memory whilst extracting the patch files.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and select 'Administrative Tools'.
- Open 'Local Security Settings', and click 'Software Restriction Policies' (If no software restrictions are defined, right-click the 'Software Restriction Policies' node and select 'New Software Restriction Policy').
- Double-click 'Enforcement'
- Select "All users except local administrators" and click 'OK'.
- It is recommended to reboot the machine for this action to take effect.
6.1 Service Pack 2
Article is closed for comments.