This article explains how to configure SMTP to enable sending of Legal Hold hold notifications.
To be able to send holds to recipients in Legal Hold, the administrator of the eDiscovery system has to configure SMTP by following the below steps:
- Make a backup of the web.config file in the '\Program Files (x86)\ZyLAB\EDiscovery\LegalHold\Web' folder, then open the file in a text editor.
- Update the <smtp> host values in the <mailSettings> section:
- network host - name or IP address of the SMTP server
- password - password to mailbox
- port - 25
- userName - user name to access the mailbox
Example: <network host="smtp.ZYLAB.WAN" password="" port="25" userName="" />
3. Save the file