A Matter with a large number of data / actions is checked-in and LegalReview Indexer actions exist, however, none are executing. The system seems to be unresponsive. The processing service log and reports indicate that the server is ready to process new documents, however, the server (processing-node) does have any actions assigned.
The value for the eMail Conversation Topic (emxcnv) for email messages without a subject is set to "None" (as is done by the best practice performer configuration). This causes a long email thread to be created which, on larger collections, can halt the processing.
First validate the temp tables (M_####_TEMP) of the existing matters.
The table should be empty concerning the completed Matters, however they could contain some records when the Matter is still processing.
In that case the Temp tables with a large number of records in it (more than 10,000) are most likely the cause of this problem.
Large temp tables can be caused by the 'EmailTopic' field being set to "None" for email messages without a subject and this could cause email thread creation to take an unreasonable amount of time or never complete.
- Validate the IndexingService.log and ZyLAB.EDiscovery.Review.Standalone.log files.
- Find the 'ZyLAB.EDiscovery.Processors.FieldAppender.dll.xml' file in the '\Assemblies\Performers' folder for the Matter(s) and the global files.
If the following text exists, remove it:
- example -
<FixedProperty PropertyName="emxcnv" Value="None">
<MergeValues> <KeepOriginal/> </MergeValues>
Stop the job and start a new job that will make use of the new configuration setting.
In case the current job cannot be stopped and recreated you can perform the following actions:
- The 'EmailTopic' field in the M_####_Temp table of the ZyLABLegalReview database needs to be modified from "None" to [NULL] where applicable.
- After all documents in the temp table are updated, restart the 'ZyLAB Legal Review Standalone Service' service on the ZyLAB eDiscovery Legal Review node.
- Continue to monitor the Temp table and make changes until all of the actions are cleared out.
Note: this concerns existing matters only.