This article explains how to edit annotations that are created by users who can no longer be found in Active Directory.
- Check the annotations placed by the user(s) and take note of the DOMAIN\Username.
- Ensure the user who needs to edit the annotations is assigned a role that has Grant for Annotations Created by Specific People set.
- Click Add User or Group...
- Insert the name of the user who you found in step 1 in the format DOMAIN\Username
- Click on Resolve; you will see the message 'User or group not found'
- Click on Add; you will see the message 'You did not press "Resolve" to find the user or group in Active Directory. Please select what you would like to do next by selecting one of the following options:"
- Click on Create User and click on Yes when prompted to allow "See Annotations of Username"
- Click on Save and click on Restart when the message "Security permissions have changed. You might need to restart the application for the changes to take effect." is displayed
- Users with the role assigned will be able to edit the annotations created by the user who is no longer in Active Directory.
Article is closed for comments.