You have created a Review task in Workflow but it is unclear how the “Default number of reviewers” option works. You want Review tasks to be visible to a group of Reviewers, but allow the workflow to proceed with the next tasks when one or a subgroup of them approves it.
- When the previous task is completed, no user should be explicitly assigned to the next task. Press OK.
- Task will appear as Unassigned in the Own Workflow tab of the users members of the WorkPool for that task (Reviewers). Any of these users can pick it up from there.
- The reviewer then performs the necessary actions and select the Yes, the task is completed option.
- At this point, if the Default number of reviewers option is set to 1, the Review task is completed and the workflow will move to the next task. If the Default number of reviewers option is set to 2 or more instead, the task will disappear from the first reviewer Own Workflow tab, but it will still be visible in the Own Workflow tab of the other reviewers as Unassigned.
- The task will be locked by the previous reviewers. Other reviewers can pick it up from the Management Workflow tab, and assign it to themselves, so they can perform the review action(s) required.
- Once the sufficient number of reviewers has completed the Review task, according to the Default number of reviewers option, the workflow can then move to the next task.