Error message on selecting a machine data source: When creating an ODBC Data source the Database (Oracle / SQL) is installed on a remote server the following error appears: "There was a problem opening the synchronization data source".
Incorrect authentication method used
The logged on user requires sufficient permissions to access to the database .
- From the Administrative tools select: ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)
- In the ODBC window select: System DSN select: ADD button
- In Create New Data Source select:Sql server
- In ODBC Microsoft Access Setup, press enter
- Specify the Datasource Name: xxxxxx
- Select the applicable Servername
- SQL server should verify the authentication using the network login ID.
- Use Windows NT authentication with the correct network login ID
'There was a problem opening the synchronization data source.' message will no longer appear.
Article is closed for comments.