In order to make sure that the Email Archiving Bundle can be used for litigation readiness solutions the Impersonation role assignment has to be configured in your cluster.
- You have to verify the Impersonation role assignment on the Hub Transport server.
- Exchange Impersonation is used in scenarios in which a single account needs to access many accounts.
- A dedicated service account will be used to access multiple user mailboxes.
Overview of the Hub Transport Server Role (Microsoft) :
- Deployed inside your Active Directory forest, the Hub Transport server role handles all mail flow inside the organization, applies transport rules, applies journaling policies, and delivers messages to a recipient mailbox.
- Messages that are sent to the Internet are relayed by the Hub Transport server to the Edge Transport server role that is deployed in the perimeter network.
- Messages that are received from the Internet are processed by the Edge Transport server before they are relayed to the Hub Transport server.
Open Exchange Management Console and type: Get-ManagementRoleAssignment.
Go to the web.config file (\\Program Files\ZyLAB\Exchange2010Connector\Exchangeconnector.Web\Webroot) and modify the username and password to:
Add the password used for the ExConnector Adminstrator user.
The impersonation account is the Administrator account that is used during the installation, with rights to connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server (the accont needs to be a member of the Organization Management group).
Regarding the client Access Role you have to make sure that the server SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate is valid, or remove the SSL setting from the Exchange Web Services (EWS) folder:
- Open the Web application (e.g. http://mycomputer/ExchangeConnector.Web) and go to Configuration > Settings.
- Validate the Exchange Web Services URL (the URL to the Client Access Server EWS).
- Go to Configuration > Rules.
- Select the Exchange Server as the Rule Source.
- Confirm the correct (Mailbox) Server Name.
A correct impersonation role has been assigned on the Hub Transport server.