After performing an upgrade from older version, the hit highlighting may be inconsistent or the hit may be on the wrong words when performing a search.
The OCR'd text in the old index may not be consistent and fully compatible with the new software installation showing differences in the Highlighting after performing a full text search. This is caused by new improved image display filters that may be introduced in new versions.
Once the latest software is installed and configured, a new index should be created with the same fields as the old index. The "old data" should be re-processed via ZySCAN using the ZyLAB Data import filter.
The reason for this is to ensure that the ocr text is refreshed and consistent with the new version of the software.
Make sure that you always have a backup.
After you have successfuly created the index, open ZySCAN.
- Select the button New Job.
- In the New Job window, select Template Wizard...
- Click on Next to confirm that you want to define a new job template.
- In Internals screen, select External Link and click on Select (this will open the list of indexes where you will have to select your newly created index), click on Next.
- In the Workflow screen, select ZyIMPORT, ZyFIELD, ZyOCR and ZyEXPORT. Click on Next.
- In the ZyIMPORT screen, select the Import directory. (This should be the path to the old data folder) ...\\Index Data\<your index name>.
- Select the ZyLAB Data import filter.
- Select Delete source files option under the import filter selection box.
- In the ZyFIELD screen you can define the fields if this is not already done when creating the index. Click on Next.
- The rest of the screens from the Wizard can be ignored unless there is a requirement for a specific option to be selected.
- Click Next, Next,..
- At the end of the wizard, provide a name to the template and click on Finish.
You can now start the created job via ZySCAN NT Service or Run Unattended to process the "old data" into the new index