How to deactivate the expiration Function in the SharePoint Bundle to make sure that expired items are not processed. In order to proceed you need to have one or more active expiration policies. It is important to note that both the expiration action and the expiration formula appear in the Resources list on the Configure Expiration page. The expiration functions will not be active until they are activated in SharePoint Central Administration.
An activated expiration policy processes expired items using the rules in the expiration formulas and actions based on the active schedule.
- Go to Central Administration | Security | Configure Information Management Policy.
- Click on the Retention link item.
- To deactivate the expiration actions: On the Configure Retention page select 'Decommissioned'.
- Press Save.
- You have succesfully deactivated your expiration action.
- When the expiration policy is deactivated the expired items are no longer processed or archived.