In some cases when CGI or FastCGI is enabled, you may receive the following error message when opening a PDF file via a web client in combination with Adobe Reader XI: "The specified CGI Application encountered an error and the server terminated the process."
In some cases using View PDF files with Adobe within ZyINDEX web client configuration will fail with errors.
To prevent Adobe to be used as a default viewer, the option should be disabled and instead INSO filter should be used.
- Open ZyINDEX and select the icon Web Clients.
- Select the name of the web client and click on General.
- If you have the option selected "Always view PDF files with Adobe" deselect it.
- If you have multiple websites within the web client, you will have to repeat those steps for all of them.
- Restart your browser and try your search again and open the PDF file from the result list.
Article is closed for comments.