When the Audit Trail setting is enabled and the Audit Trail index is not in the right location, ZyINDEX can crash during starting up with the following error: "ZyINDEX MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". The dll that is referenced in the error message is zxpaudit.dll.
This might be caused to the index not being available or corrupted.
First disable Audit Trail:
- Open windows explorer
- Open the users folder in the ZyIMAGE data folder
- Open the Settings.xml
- Below is an example when Audit Trail is enabled within ZyINDEX
id="AuditTrailIndex" vartype="8">C:\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\Audittrail\Audittrail.IC1</parameter></settings>
- In the example below Audit Trail is not enabled
- ZyINDEX will start as normal or each ZyLAB IM Platform or scanning product
- Remember that nothing will be audited untill you enable it again!
- Investigate the following problems: index corrupt , index no longer accessible (permissions) , location changed.
- Once this is sorted you will be able to use the ZyINDEX interface to enable Audit Trail.
5.0 Service Pack 7; 6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2