A SharePoint policy groups a formula and an action together so they can be used in a content type. This applies to expiration actions and expiration formulas.
No Policy is defined to use the Expiration Action and Column value expiration to move relevant files to the ZyLAB index when a column contains a specified value based on a retention stage.
- Click on Site Collection Administration > Site Collection Policies to open its page.
- Subsequently click on 'Create' to open the Edit Policy page.
- On the Edit Policy page enter the policy details.
- Enter a suitable name and description for the policy (e.g. example: Move to ZyLAB on column value.)
- In order to apply a retention schedule, check the 'Enable Retention' checkbox to activate the expiration value: Add a retention stage.
- Select 'Set by a custom retention formula' installed on this server and choose a ZyLAB expiration formula (column value).
- Select the ZyLAB action that will follow based on this event value.
- Make sure that the policy is added to the Policy list.
- This will moves the relevant files to the ZyLAB index when a column contains a specified value based on a retention stage.