You can create an external link between ZySCAN and the RMA (Record Management Application).
This will allow you to store (scanned) documents directly in the RMA. First, you have to create a record in the RMA and declare it. Then, select 'View barcode' and print the page. This page with barcode is placed on top of the document you are about to scan. The scanned document is exported/stored as a component of the record you just created.
In order to make this possible, you have to create a new job template in ZySCAN.
No or an incorrect template is defined.
- Go to Template > New Template.
- Select 'Define new job template'.
- Click Next.
- Select 'External Link'.
- Select 'RMA'.
- Click 'Select URL'.
- Define the RMA URL and User name and Password.
- Select the correct Scan interface and click Next.
- Select Next.
- Select Field Definitions.
- Click Add definition.
- Enter a KeyField (choose a friendly fieldname), and select a the Field Type (Barcode field). Make sure that the delimiter is record_id.
- Click OK twice.
- Click Next.
- Fill out a Template name (for example, 'Link to RMA').
- Click Finish.
You have created a new job template, which allows you to scan documents and export/store them in the RMA.
If you want to add a paper document as a component to a record, you have to scan it first. It is recommended to place a paper with a barcode (unique identifier of the record) on top of the document to allow for an easy identification.