In ZySCAN, when starting the ZyOCR stage using the Global Professional OCR engine 2.1, you get the message: OCR error (C:\ZyLAB Data\ZySCAN JobRoot\......): Cannot open ZyLAB Global Professional OCR OCR engine.
The Global Professional OCR Engine license is probably missing the "DA for Full-Text Indexing" module.
This module is used to extract data from a document, including text in pictures. Note that the program retains both the picture and the text in it. Text extracted from a picture block can only be exported to XML, TXT and PDF formats. This data is used for later full-text indexing and search. The program retains the logical reading order, pictures and tables.
Contact ZyLAB Customer Support to request that the license file be updated. To verify whether this module is missing from the license file:
- Start up the ABBYY License Manager
- Hit the License Parameters >> button
- Find the section Processing
- Verify whether DA for Full-Text Indexing is set to Yes
- Right mouse click and hit copy
- Copy all license parameters into a file (.tx, .xls, .xlsx, etc.)
- Open a support case and add the license parameters and request Customer Support to update the license
Article is closed for comments.