How to use ODBC synchronization with an XML wrapper index when the items in ODBC tab are grayed out and cannot be selected.
The field definitions need to be configured in the module index, not the main index
The following steps are needed to use ODBC synchronization with an XML Wrapper index
- Configure the ODBC database connection for the main index.
- Define the fields that you want
- You will not be able to configure the ODBC settings in the field definitions of the main index. You will need to configure these settings in the "module" index.
- The module index is contained in C:\ZyLAB Data\Indexes\yourINDEX\ZxpPlugins\XmlFields\XMLINDEX
- Open this index in ZyINDEX. (You can do this by adding it to the index list):
- Open the select index dialog box. Click on File|Add Index and browse to the above directory. Select your INDEX.ic1 file and click Add. The index will be added to your index list.
- Once open, in ZyINDEX, configure the ODBC settings in the field definitions for this index.
- Once this is configured the index will be ready to sync with your database.
5.0 Service Pack 7; 6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2