The Select Index window in ZyINDEX appears to be empty when navigating to the file menu and selecting open from the list.
By Default, ZyINDEX points to the location of the indexlist.xml within the ZyLAB Data\Index List directory. If the Select Index window is blank when selecting an index, the indexlist.xml file may be corrupt or the zylab data\index list directory may reside in a location other than the default location. If the desired index list location resides on a separate drive or removable media and it becomes unavailable on the server/workstation, the Select Index window may display as empty.
Ensure that ZyINDEX is pointing to the correct location for the Index List folder. By default, ZyINDEX places the indexlist.xml file within the directory ZyLAB Data\Index List. If ZyINDEX is unable to read or locate the indexlist.xml file within the appropriate directory, follow the instructions below to resolve:
- First, close ZyINDEX, navigate to the default index list folder in windows explorer and rename the indexlist.xml file (if corrupt). Or if the index list folder is located in another location, navigate to the folder and rename the indexlist.xml file.
- Then, open ZyINDEX and click on File > Open.
- In the select Index window, click on file > Add Index (or select the “add index” icon directly under the file menu).
- Next, locate the zylab data\index directory and open the index folder of the particular index that is to be added to the select index window.
- Then, select the IC file within the appropriate index folder and click “add”.
- Continue this process until all desired indexes are added to the list.
There is also an automatic search function that allows ZyINDEX to automatically find indexes. To search automatically:
- Select the desired searchable locations in the “begin search in” drop-down menu or click “browse” to manually locate a specific directory to search.
- Once the location has been selected, click on the “search” button to execute the search.
- Either select one or more indexes (select multiple by holding ctrl + left mouse click) and click on the “Add selected” button to add the desired indexes to the index list.
The “select index” window should now be populated with the appropriate indexes and the indexlist.xml file should now be populated with the correct indexes.
6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2