How to transfer data from an index that does not contain any modules to a new index with the XML Wrapper module.
- Create a new index using the index wizard and then select the XML Wrapper in Step 2: Modules.
- Then you will have to recreate the fields from the old index. They have to be the same as otherwise they will not be exported properly.
- Build the index manually or add it in the Timer.
- Start ZyFIND and open the non module index.
- Search for fname=*.txt (if no results, then search for fname=*.xml) this should bring all of the files in the index.
- To test: Select only one or two documents and then right click on them.
- Select Export
- The Export Settings window will open. In the field Export to index, click on Browse and pick the index that you have just created with XML Wrapper module.
- Click OK.
- You have just exported the file to the new index with XML Wrapper module and the same fields as the original index.
- How to test: in ZyFIND open only the newly created index and search using (e*). This will bring the list of the imported data.
- Open the txt file and verify if all of the fields are present and correct.
- To Export all of the rest from the old index repeat steps 4 -10.
- Once you are satisfied with the results, make sure to change the scanning template to export to the new index.
NOTE: If you use quickbuild for your indexes, you should disable quick build in the new index while you are migrating, otherwise it will cause the export to slow down. When the export is completed, build the index with add. After the index build is completed, re-enable quickbuild.