Error message in ZyINDEX when building an index: "... run ZyINDEX in debug mode, to create debug.log file"
This could be caused by one of the following:
- Full temp directory.
- Shortage of disk space.
- Backups are running during indexing.
- Number of characters in the file name or file path exceeds 256 characters.
- Check to see if you have sufficient disk space on the drive that your System Temp directory is on (My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Environment Variables) and ZyIMAGE Temp (Options - Global Settings). You should have about 20 percent of the total amount of disk space of the data to be indexed as free disk space on both temp locations. For example if you have 100Mb of files to be indexed you will need at least 20Mb of temporary space. It would be best if you make the Temp location for your System Temp and ZyIMAGE Temp the same.
- Be sure that no backups are running during indexing. Running backups during index sessions might corrupt the index.
- Check if any of the file names or index paths exceed 256 characters. If so, please rename the file and restart indexing.
6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2