In situations where you want to add redactions to your documents, it is necessary to create an index based on specific parameters.
To create a redaction index
- Open ZyINDEX
- Click on the build icon:
- Go to File > New.
- Enter a short name (max. 8 characters).
- Enter a descriptive long name (max. 80 characters). Use the name to describe the contents of the index.
- Select Redaction.
- Click OK
- Result: You have created a Redaction index (with XML Wrapper and Redaction field).
- Now, add ZySCAN and/or electronic documents to this index and redact the documents via ZyFIND > ZyVIEW or add the Redaction index to a Web Client and redact files via the Redactions icon.
- You have executed a search, and then opened a document.
- Select the Redaction icon.
- Note: the icon is only available when a Redaction index is added to the web client.
- Select the checkbox for the Redaction editor.
- The redaction Editor dialog appears.
- In the Display tab, define the text that must replace a section.
- Define the font, style, size, color, and background of the redaction. Also, you can select the possibliy of strikethrough and/or underlining of your redaction.
- Select the Fields tab.
- Define a description for the redaction.
- Select exemption code(s).
- Select the Properties tab.
- Define if the redaction should be private. In other words, only show the person who created the redaction.
- Define the Author, Source, and Creation date of the redaction.
- Drag the new redaction onto the document.
- Note: To resize a redaction, select the Shift key, select the redaction and drag the mouse to resize your redaction. To copy a redaction, select the Ctrl key and click on the redaction once. Drag and drop the copy of the redaction with the mouse.
- Result: You have created a Redaction.
- To define where you want to show the Exemption Codes, go to Redaction > Show Exemptions and choose from:
- Left Aligned – Displays exemption codes Left Aligned.
- Track Redaction – Displays exemption codes on the redaction itself.
- Off – No redaction codes are displayed.
- Via the Redaction Editor, you are able to:
- Select all redactions on page.
- Redact all hits.
- Unredact all hits.
- Delete selected Redaction.
- Reload a redaction.
- Save redactions.
6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0; 6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2
Article is closed for comments.