Follow the below steps if you have to reinstall IIS (and therefore the ZyLAB Service Monitor (ZSM) config) on an existing installation and have no option to reinstall or repair.
- The .net web extensions will be missing following an IIS reinstall.
- To put these back (without reinstalling .net), start a command prompt as admin and navigate to the .net framework folder (eg c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\).
- Then type "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" and press enter. This will add the extensions back to IIS. Remember to allow them in IIS as normal.
- Add the zsm virtual directory back to IIS - right click default web site, then new, then virtual directory.
- Use the alias zsm and set the path to the servicemonitor.manager folder in the zylab installation path.
- Select read and run options.
- The zsm portal is recreated, but by default IIS sets the default document to "default.asp" - this will lead to erroneous permission issues when accessing the page. So, from the properties of the zsm portal, select "documents" and add "default.aspx" under default content (make sure to make it first in the list).
- The remaining configuration of zsm is the same as normal.
- Note: ZyLAB strongly recommends you to follow the normal installation routine, the below should only be used if reinstall and repair are not possible.
6.1; 6.1 Service Pack 1; 6.1 Service Pack 2; 6.2; 6.2 Service Pack 1; 6.2 Service Pack 2; 6.3
Article is closed for comments.