In the 5.0 version of ZyScan, a problem can occur when using kofax and trying to detect barcodes on grayscale or color scans:
- Turning on Enhanced Bar Code is possible, but the setting is not saved.
- When closing and re-opening the properties-dialog, the setting is switched back to Standard Bar Codes.
By default, barcodes only get recognized when scanning black ite. You will need to turn on Enhanced Bar Codes in the Barcode Properties.
- Open VCDemo.
- Go to Source > Scanner en choose the source that is also used in the Scan Template.
- Go to Options > Bar code properties.
- Switch on Enhanced Bar Codes and make other desired settings, like barcode types etc.
- Go to Source > Properties to change configure settings like paper size, DPI etc.
- Go to File > Save settings and save as vcdemo.ini in c:\windows\
- Go to the file in the explorer, open it and copy the entire content.
- Next, open the file kscan.ini in c:\windows.
- Remove the entire context and paste the content of the vcdemo-file.
- Go to Edit > replace and search for “vcdemo” and replace by “kscan” (this is because there are references to the old vcdemo file in the code)
- Save the file.
- Open ZyScan, open a job, go to option > barcode recognition options and you will see that Enhanced Bar Codes is turned on.
5.0 Service Pack 7