Your existing index was partially deleted or is corrupted. An erase in ZyINDEX does not seem fix the problem.
You can recreate an index by following the steps below:
- Open the index you want to recreate in ZyINDEX.
- Record the Long name and Name (short name) of the index.
- Click on the “Index settings” button on the toolbar
- Click on the Modules tab. Write down any modules that are selected for this index (i.e. XML Wrapper). These will appear on the right side of the modules screen.
- Note any other special settings configured for the index.
- Close the index in ZyINDEX.
- Using Windows Explorer, go to the indexes directory in the zylab data direcotory (for example c:\zylab data\indexes)
- Rename the index directory you want to recreate. For example, from myindex to myindex_bak. The index will be the directory that matches the short name of your index
- In ZyINDEX select File|NEW. The “Create new index dialog” is presented.
- Enter the Name(short name) from step 1. a. above for the short name.
- Enter the Long name as the long name.
- Select Index wizard.
- Verify the “Index directory” matches the directory previously noted. Click [Next].
- Add any modules previously recorded, then click [Next].
- Verify the standard data folder. This is the folder where the data to be indexed is located.
- If you are indexing folders in addition to the standard data folder click on the Edit button next to “Custom Data folders”.
- Drag and drop folders to Text, Tiff and Electronic tabs as needed.
- When finished click OK.
- Click next
- Verify “settings” page. Click next.
- If you had key fields defined import them.
- Click “Define” next to “Define fileds and views”.
- Click on “Import Definitions”
- Browse to the backup copy of your index from step 3 above and find the “fields” directory. for example c:\zylab data\indexes\myindex_bak\fields
- Select the fields.txt file and click “Open” The fields should be imported.
- Verify the fields are correct.. Click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- You can now build the index
6.0 Service Pack 1; 6.0 Service Pack 2; 6.0