This article explains how to create and use File Groups to allow collection of only particular types of files or files that have a specific extension.
To collect particular types of files or files with a specific file extension, the user has to create a File Group. The File Group can be created in Global Settings window of the Legal Processing Client by clicking Open Settings and then File Groups.
To create a new File Group:
- Click Add in Edit Global Groups
- Provide the name in Group Name and define Criteria To Add - Wildcards or MIME Type
- Wildcards can be used grouping files by one or more specific file extensions
- MIME Types can be used grouping files by one or more MIME Types
- Save & Close the Settings configuration window.
Newly created File Groups can now be used by removing unnecessary File Groups on the File Groups stage or during the configuration of the File System Collector on the Collection stage by checking required File Types to Collect items during the matter creation.